Getting back to nature and incorporating elements of our natural world is an emerging topic in early childhood education. There are many ways to provide children with opportunities to play in natural environments. Below are recommended resources to assist with including nature in your practice.
- When Jack Frost Comes Nipping
- Sunshine – Approach with Caution
- Toxic Plant List
- Exploring Nature with Children
- Children at Play in the Great Outdoors
- Interaction (2009) Vol. 23, 24, 26
Other Recommended Resources
- Richard Louv (2008) Last Child in the Woods. Saving Our Children from Nature Deficit Disorder. Chapel Hill, NC: Algonquin.
- Rusty Keeler (2008) Natural Playscapes. Creating outdoor play environment for the soul.Redmond, WA: Exchange Press.